Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yogurt Cake

I always like to cook with what is in season! I just got some great strawberries that reminded me of this recipe that is a favorite...and lower in calories!

1 box lite cake mix ( I just use the regular vanilla)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup applesauce
3 egg whites
2 6oz yoplait yogurt (you choose the flavor, I use strawberry)
1 container lite cool whip

Beat cake mix, water, applesauce, egg whites and 1 container of yogurt on low for 30 seconds, then medium for 2 minutes. Bake 35-40 minutes @ 350 in a 13x9. When cool, combine 2nd container of yogurt with cool whip and frost. Top with fresh strawberry halves. Delicious! Another flavor combo that would be good is choc. cake with vanilla yogurt....The options are limitless!!! Also, remember to keep this one in the Frigidaire.

2 comments:

  1. This is what I need right now, something that isn't so fattening! I don't even want to go to the dr. anymore! I just assume my baby is fine and my weight hasn't gone up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds delish! can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete